Friday, 11 January 2013

Pre-Nursery School Admission (Bangalore)




It all started sometime in June 2012 for my kids nursery admission in 2013-14. Myself and my wife tried to collect information about schools in south bangalore and tried to come up with a list of 3-5 schools. It was a slow exercise since we knew admissions start around September. We finalized few schools - kumarans, dps,rms international, aurobindo. Reputation of the schools and distance for us played major factor. We didnot wanted kid to travel in bus atleast during initial days. DPS was the closest for us and that became our option 1. kumarans,Aurobindo was around 4kms and rms was around 2kms. We badly wanted dps as it suited all our requirements.

On September kumarans started application online. They said it will start around 9 am and around 9am there was a message in site saying it will open around 10 am. They had already told it will close automatically once the required seats are full. I remembered the irctc tatkal and was trying from 10 am. Finally around 10.40 am i was able to submit the application for my kid. Myself and my wife got sms/email confirming the application and we were very happy.  In between, Aurobindo told they will give applications for couple of days towards end of september. When my wife enquired they told it is already done. We were late by one day and It was our mistake that we did not check it everyday. For One month there was no response from Kumarans. After a month some time in October, they started calling kids for interview. But we never got a call. I tried calling up Kumarans and they told they had already called all selected candidates and it is management decision. As a parent I failed to get a interview call for my kid in Kumarans. What could have been the reason? Me and my wife spent hours together discussing the reason for our failure. Reading blogs, parenttree we could not make out a particular reason. Finally satisfied ourself saying they are selecting little older kids and my kid will be just 3 when he enters school.

With Kumarans debacle we immediately went to RMS and enquired. They gave us an application and asked to enroll immediately by paying fees. They have the policy of first come first served. We were bit afraid and thought of paying fees. After repeated discussions we delayed it for dps.

We kept inquiring dps about the start of their selection process and they told it will be in November. We knew we were risking rms but still persisted the temptation for dps. On Nov first week we got a call for dps interview. Finally something good happened. We went for interview with our kid and were happy to know we were 5th candidate for interview. We were little confident our kid will get selected. As time ticked my kid started crying. I somehow managed with chocolates. Just we were waiting outside principal room my kid started crying very hard. Not sure what to do. Chocolate helped and we went in. Principal was so courteous and asked about me and why dps? She gave one chocolate to my kid and he did not take it. After pursuing him he finally got it. Somehow it was not looking very great. Finally Principal told your kid is selected :-) and you can pay fees. We paid fees immediately and felt relieved. We had tense 2 months and thank god it ended well.

24 comments:

  1. Schools are the most important institution that inculcates the principals in our life a well-structured school with greatest ethos is certainly appreciated by the parents.
    Pre Nursery Schools | pre school |

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I just could feel the heart of this blog as am going through the same now :) Anyways happy for u. I wanted an Info about the eligibility (age). My son is 2 years and 2 months completed as of April 8th, I have been checking with quite a few schools they say for pre nursery its 2 years 10 months in Aurobindo and 3 years 10 months for LKG. With this I can never get him admitted to Aurobindo. Please Suggest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The age you are referring is minimum age. You should try out for next academic year. I think your son would be eligible for all school as he would be 3+ by then.

      Delete
    2. Hey Thank you Ramana for the reply. My mind went off when i Was told the admissions are done for this year and dint work @ all. I only had in my mind, all coz of me, How can I be so careless and all those guilty feeling.Night in peace of mind i realized, next year he will be all eligible to get into any of them . Yippeee :)

      Delete
  4. Matrikiran is one of the renowned pre schools that nearly top the list of schools in Gurgaon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post. Thanks for sharing with us. I must say- with MatriKiran you are sure to find exactly what you are looking for.
    gurgaon schools | nursery admission | nursery school admission | nursery schools | playgroup school

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear that you got admission in one of the pre schools in Bangalore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi my son is 1 year 10 months now. About 2014-2015 admission for kumarans and dps..when should I approach school?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the education that distinguishes us from animals. We are glad to see many schools are running in India to make brighter child's future. So we've an English medium school, managed by the Auro Education Society, the educational arm of the Vatika Group.

    Regards:
    MatriKiran

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Article, So when you visit Good Playgroup In Chennai
    look to see if teachers smile and are generally encouraging of children. Look to see how the teachers interact with the other children in the classroom and if there seem to be strong connections between them. Also talk to parents at the school about their experience.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ramana,

    I am not sure if your blog is still active or not. If it is active, I would like to have some information regarding the admission here in Bangalore for nursery admission. My kid is 2 yrs 4 months as on Nov. 2014. I have some difficult time comprehending admission schedule as well as finding some good near to my house.

    1. Do you know when my kid is eligible for nursery admission and when usually forms are given for admission?

    2. Is my child too late for nursery admission?

    3. I am staying in Banashankari-2nd Stage, do you have any suggestions for any good schools near to this place. As like you, I do not want to make kid travel too much in this initial years.

    I will very grateful if you could reply to this queries. As it has been some quite tense moment in my life for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every schools has some admission criteria for age as on May or June 30th. Mostly it is around 3 years (+ or -) as on May or June 30. You need to check each school criteria.

      For next academic year most of the schools might be over now. You could Aurobindo, Carmel in BSK.

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so happy with your blog site, it contains all the matter with regards to Childhood Education Good luck to you and your well performed job. Thanks for keeping us updated with the latest information for Early Childhood Education.
    Regards
    Pre Nursery School

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the post.. here you can find best play schools , with full facility know more...

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is very helpful to us....am planning to put my kid in playschool.my friend suggest me the oiplayschool.it is really excellent playschool.if you are looking for admissions definitely go with nearest center.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think most of the peoples are having the useful informational post, so i would like to thank for creating this interesting blog... Pre School Bangalore Indira Nagar

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesting blog and i got a good knowledge to read your informational blog, so i would like to thank for creating this interesting blog... Play School Indiranagar Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. thank you for sharing blog.i got the more information for this blog...
    Play School in Indira Nagar Bangalore

    ReplyDelete